Editable Line Attributes

TBrown

Question

I would find it very convenient to be able to double click on a line and have all its properties available to change within the object info palette, similar to the way text can be modified all in one place. It would be great to be able to set thickness, style, class, layer and colour from with one palette instead of having to change all these items separately.

Thanks

Trevor

5 answers to this question

I don't like the sound of this. I keep the Attributes palette open all the time, and almost never open the Object Info palette. I like the fact that the Attributes palette takes up very little space.

One of the nightmares of the newer versions of Autocad is a Properties palette like the one described here. Having all the properties in one place means that the palette is huge, blocking a lot of the screen, and it's a chore to find anything on it.

I am not sugggesting this be the only means of editing line attributes, but I would like to see it as an option. I understand that sometimes screen space is at a premium depending on which monitor you use. Text, for example can be edited by the Object Info pallette as well as the Text pull down menu. It's just a nice option.

I find it hard to believe that you can even work effectively with VW and not have the OI pallette open all the time. It's a very easy and powerful way to edit objects.

I may be a bit biased here as well, because I work with two 17" monitors, affording me plenty of room for large pallettes.