Sign in to follow this  
grantvz

creating classes on the fly

Question

I make a lot of symbols out of things as I go through the creation process. It seems counter intuitive to me to have to create classes for my symbols prior to starting the project. What would be really great would be the ability to create a new class as I'm creating the symbol itself, much like I create sheet layers as I create viewports

2 answers to this question

;-)

I was going to launch in to the usual system management thing about classes being to easy to make a mess of already. Then i made a new symbol and it struck me what you may have meant.

It would good if there was the option to type in a new class name, as well as, the options to nominate an existing class or to use default, like we have now.

On the same track it might be good to get rid of the extra dialog for "options" and bring it all in to a single dialog box. I would doubt if there was a single symbol I've created in the last year where i didn't alter the options.

I think it's important to recognize that people use classes and layers in very different ways, according to their needs. What I hope VW ends up doing is creating a program that is flexable to everyone's needs.