Why you ungrateful, little bleeps........

David Seibert

Question

13 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by David Seibert:

Let the "critique" begin..........

Who asked for "Sketching"? That's like having Jello a dessert. It's fun to play with but not very satisfying. I've had Doodle for years and I may have used it twice. Once more than I've ordered Jello.

Well David, I asked. This is a feature that I have waited a long time for.

I also own several copies of Doodle. I found the process frustrating because of the following:

1. Doodle produced a much larger file, much larger.

2. Doodle took time. It took time to set up and time to execute.

3. Doodle did not affect all objects. Some furniture symbols for example would remain unaltered.

4. Doodle would sometimes produce unwanted artifacts in objects. The toilet was a good example. It would always end up with a line through the bowl, as if divided.

5. Doodle did not always keep up with VW version updates. As a result I had to export back to an earlier version of VW to use Doodle.

6. Doodle was permanent. It created an altered copy, (that was huge in file size). Sketch can be turned on and off at will.

In the end I gave up on Doodle. It was a nice idea but took the fun out of it.

Sketch Mode solves all of my problems. It is seamlessly integrated and fast.

David, I really do not see the purpose of this topic. Use Sketch if you like it. Don't use it if you don't. For me I will use it and thank NNA for listening and implementing user requests.

Thank you NNA.

PS: NNA would you please disable the Sketch function on David's license. We would not want to temp him with it. (No dessert for you David).

David, think of sketch mode as way to help your clients see what you know is there. Often clients do not see what you want them to see because all the see is the finished drawing...

Sketch is a great tool to help your clients understand the stage of the drawings. If it looks sketchy, then it is at sketch stage and they can see that it is a concept...

turn off the sketch and the drawing is now in the next stage, developed design or working drawings. The client can see the change, and you can send them the bill for moving from one design stage to the other...

Can't a fellow poke a little fun at anything these days? archoncad has the right idea. I too hope to make the new eyewash feature a profit powerhouse. And since it's so fast, I'll be able to spend more time creating sumptuous desserts! Gee, maybe if I save enough time, say 20 minutes at 450 degrees, I could channel my efforts into becoming the Julia Childs of the architectural world! I'll start off slow with the Jello Pyramids at Geeza.

use doodle all the time in 10.5, sketch seems to be way better per keven's comments. clients & review boards definately apreicate the "handdrawn look" I have had projects shot down by review boards because of being too hardlined. with sketch or doodle they applaud the drawings, same info, different look. next time I will bring jello for all of them too! it still would be nice to have radiosity & hdri though in renderworks

I agree with Jonathan,

clients or in my field stage directors, get too flustered with nice renderings that look too complete for the early stages of the design process. They think 'this guy has spent too much time and effort into the design, I hate to ask him to change it....' While it has taken me no time to create a 3D model with true textures...

And I hate that too, since I want to purse the look more. Now they see that it's in the 'sketch' phase of the process, and think that's it's not complete.....

Another addition to a great program.

Thanks,

Adam P.

All you happy campers spare a thought for humble non-Architect Vectorworkers who were denied a chance to try the Jello, I mean Sketch function, by the mean-spirited suits at Nemetschek who decided (in their infinite wisdom) to turn it off for bog-standard VW 11.5. We DREAM of Jello but have been denied. We sleep in't paper bag in't middle o' road....Jello?...LUXURY..!