Duplicate Sheet Layer

type11

Question

I really appreciate the addition of viewports and sheet layers in VW. It makes page layout and formatting much more flexible.

I often create a set of pre-defined sheet layers that include title block information and other notes and formatting. Currently I have to create each sheet layer from scratch (configure print setup, copy paste between sheet layers etc...).

I would like to see the addition of a 'Duplicate' button within the sheet layers window. This would allow me to setup my master sheet and make the minor modifications to the duplicate; not having to recreate each one from scratch.

4 answers to this question

I'm with you on this one. Absolutely.

Also make the default dpi 300 rather than 72.

and

Provide the option of global settings for sheets where wanted. (eg size, orientation, print settings etc.) with the option for individual diiferences to particular sheets. (Similar to the scale protocol which can be applied across all sheets or to just one.)

[ 02-16-2005, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

I found out by accident if you hold down option key and doubleclick the saved sheet you need in the saved sheets script pallete, it opens up straight away. Saves going around the houses. It would be a great idea if you could add an additional key to make a duplicate of the sheet you doubleclick !

Damo