Annual Solar Animation

Cloud Hidden

Question

Solar animation cycles through the hours of a single day. The twist to that is cycling through the days of the year for a single time...12 noon, for example, so I can see the effectiveness of an overhang in preventing solar gain. This beats doing individual renders and stitching them together.

While we're on animations...it's a nuisance to remember to delete any existing "suns", be/c the animation adds a whole new one. Some sort of notification would be useful: "It appears you already have a sun set up with lat/lon...shall we use that one or ignore it and create a new one?" It stands to reason that if we're doing a solar animation, we've already done a static rendering and might already have a sun with proper lat and lon. Having to re-enter all that is redundant.

It's also irksome that the time stamp uses the default font/size, in that it's not something one thinks to change prior to starting the process...I just wasted a whole night's animation process be/c I forgot to up the default size from the 9 pt I was using for dimensioning.

And while we're at it, how about a normal file dialog for saving the movie...naming it so that it only goes into the application folder is soooo...antiquated.

4 answers to this question

Thanks for that info, Jonathan. Alas, I'm but a mere Yankee. Can you explain why/how the country versions differ? One would think they'd be synchronized. Why doesn't/can't the US version include the Heliodon?

And hey, Nemetschek, any acknowledgment that the animation interface is...I'll be kind...awkward and dated, and could use a bit of freshening?

Unfortunately, Heliodon is not available for purchase.

Hey Nemetschek! Anyone out there? Any suggestions? The good news is that there's a tool out there handled by one of your distributors that does the very exact thing that is needed to improve a weak feature. The bad news is that I'm not able/allowed to buy it.

Catch-22? C'mon NNA, there's gotta be some way through this conundrum?!?!