Object Info Palette

Rpb

Question

It sure would be nice if the attributes of an "object" would show up in the "object info palette". I dont know about anyone else, but this seems like it could be a timesaver. Click on any object and all the info for that object is displayed. I get so tired of having to keep the attributes palette nearby.

5 answers to this question

This idea certainly has some merit and could make logical sense in the scheme of things. The downside is that the already overcrowded OIP would become even moreso. I personally could go either way as I find that I use the attributes palette less and use classes (with preset/editable attributes) more than I used to. I also tend to work with duplicates a lot. In other words, once I make an object with the correct attributes I just copy it and then modify the copy, or use the eyedropper tool to pick up up the attributes I want and then apply them (to other objects).

Thanks CipesDesign, I may try to use the eyedropper tool more. I mainly use the attributes more at the linework stage of construction docs. Adding appropiate lineweights

and such so the drawings graphically look good and meet my standards. I guess my point here is that standard 2d drawing tools would be easier to use if the attributes showed up in the O.I.P. When one clicks on a line or retangle or whatever, there is not much info on the O.I.P. anyway. The attributes of that line or whatever wouldn't take up much space on the O.I.P.I agree in part with your response that some items can be controled with classes.

If there is an easier way I way, I'm open to new ideas

Thanks again

Well it is also very easy to create some little command scripts (ORGANISE>CUSTOM TOOL/ATTRIBUTE) in which you can have all of the attributes preset. For example I have one which is my personal standard which I have set a 6point, black line w/ solid white fill. I also have one for outlining 2d elevations which is set to a 20pt line with no fill, etc, etc. If you create these in your template file all it takes is a quick double-click and voila! you will have all the attributes you want already set prior to creation of the object(s). It is much easier than going back and modifying already created objects. P