"Load stipple" command

Yovav

Question

The option to save a stipple is a good one. Theoretically.

After designing the stipple, and saving it, using it again is a real time consumer. Dragging the stipple to the document from the resources pallet creates a 4 handles "polygon". Changing it to, let's say, 17 handles polygon takes a lot of time and it defiantly non-intuitive method. If the stipple is a complex one, it takes also a lot of calculation time between each operation.

Wouldn't it be much better to create a new polygon and then drop the saved stipple, from the resources pallet on to the polygon? Yes it would ;-)

4 answers to this question

If I understand you correctly what you want to do is fill an existing poly with a stipple?

To do this use the Create Objects From Poly command.

1. select the poly (or draw one)

2. choose Create Objects From Poly

3. choose the Stipple option

Hello Dan

Yes this is what I was looking for, thanks.

But let me ask two more question:

1.If I got in the document 4 different stipples, and I follow your steps, how do I choose the correct stipple to apply to the new stipple object?

2.If I got a stipple object that is "filled" with "stipple #1", can I change the "fill" to, lets say, "stipple #3"?

THX

I'm not sure you can do exactly what you want. However,

1. you can save Stipple "configurations" as symbols. Which can be moved from drawing to drawing. To choose the correct stipple, simply find it in the Resource Browser, double click and start drawing the stipple boundary.

2. I believe you can do this with the eye dropper tool.

Both of these solutions could be more streamlined. I'll your request to the wish list.