Classable font usage

Chris Fleming

Question

It would be nice if I was able to store font information such as font, point size, etc. in its own class. I use different fonts and font sizes throughout my drawings. So, for example, my font "classes" would be "sheet titles", "callouts", "cabinet labels", etc.

For instance, Client name and client address in the title blocks are the same font, but different sizes. The same is true for sheet numbers. I use a completely different font for all text that is part of the actual drawing. My Room titles on sheets, my cabinetry labeling, my construction notes, callouts, etc. all are the same font, but are varying point sizes. It would be wonderful if all I had to do was change the class, and begin labeling. Then I could later change font info by simply changing its class, rather than having to go the the text format window.

Just a thought, but it would be very sweet!

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Text Classes! I've been wanting this aspect for years as well. My hope would be that text attributes could be added to class definitions in the same way that line weight or fill attributes are assigned. That way, they could be universally accessed within existing classes.

Also on this note, It would be very handy to be able to assign hotkeys to text attributes.

Thanks.

Chris,

Are you using version 11?

One nice text improvement is that you can now make all the formatting changes you're describing directly in the IO palette.

While not exactly what you're wishing for, it is much easier and faster than editing via the Format command.