SEND this behind that

JHEarcht

Question

I often create drawings with several levels of overlapping hatches and fills and white-outs. Using the SEND tool is OK normally, but complex drawings take forever to find the correct stacking order. And if I add a new item, it may get the stack out of order.

I would like to see a new function for the SEND tool. I could select one object, go to "SEND THIS BEHIND THAT", and click on another object. Thanks for listening,

JHE

3 answers to this question

Yes, that would be a more direct approach. The thing we're really always trying to do with the "Send" commands is to stack one object with respect to another. It would be good to get rid of the 4 existing Send commands and just have "Send Behind" and "Send In Front Of".

quote:

Originally posted by jan15:

It would be good to get rid of the 4 existing Send commands and just have "Send Behind" and "Send In Front Of".

I disagree. Send to Back and Send to Front should not be removed. Otherwise I agree completely with the original rationale, and the "Send Relative" command sounds like a good idea.

cheers,

N.