8.5 Extend

radiohd

Question

5 answers to this question

This is included in 11 - Object Connect tool with Option key held down. Covered in the manual and also in the "New Trim & Extend Capabilities" QuickTime movie which can be downloaded at www.nemetschek.net/movies/index.html

Alternatively you can download Katerina Panagiotakis' Extend To PIO from the VectorDepot website www.vectordepot.com

"A very useful PIO to extend entities to a specified line."

Radiohead,

Is what Mike said about the "Object Connect" tool true? I don't have version 11 yet, so I can't check. I downloaded the movie clip and watched it. It definitely DOESN'T show the kind of extend that you described.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I and a lot of other people have been complaining about the loss of that ability since version 9. They keep telling us that the Connect/Combine tool, or the new improved Connect/Combine tool, does what we want. But so far they were wrong, and in that movie clip the Connect/Combine tool doesn't look any different from version 10.

Noone at Nemetschek seems able to understand what the old Extend tool could do, or why it's advantageous to be able to extend by just clicking instead of by dragging, or to extend to an object that's off the screen.

This request comes up so often that I don't know why NNA just doesn't concede and add it back in.

I must admit it was a tool I used a lot and I would like to see it come back.

It could either be a subset of the new tool, or as an optional tool which could be added if desired through the workspace editor