Classes Dialog Box

Tom Pearce

Question

10 answers to this question

Katie what you say is true but it isn't as useful as having that functionality in the class/layer dialog box. If a layer is added to a drawing that needs to be visible on multiple viewports already created, then each viewport needs to be individually selected and updated to show that layer.

It would be much easier to do it in the same way as adding a new layer/class to multiple saved views.

quote:

Originally posted by Grant M:

It would be much easier to do it in the same way as adding a new layer/class to multiple saved views.

Grant,

can you explain this?

Are you saying that if I have a file with several Saved Sheets, and I add a new layer or class to the Drg, I can update all of my existing Saved Sheets "in one go" without having to edit each individual sheet?

N.

Propstuff,

in VW 11 a pop-up menu has been added to the new class/layer dialogs, it's near the bottom and not very obvious. It lets you say what state the new class/layer will be added to all the saved sheets. (not saved,invis,grey,visable). Which is a great thing, and speeds things up allot.

It has a couple of shortcomings

1. that it doesn't add the visibility setting to viewports.

2. that it can only apply a default to all.

Maybe an "Advanced" button could be added, that would pop up a list of all the effected entities (saved views, viewports) and allow for tweaking of the settings.

Yes thats exactly what i would like to see also.

Thanks Katie

quote:

Originally posted by iboymatt:

in VW 11 a pop-up menu has been added to the new class/layer dialogs, it's near the bottom and not very obvious. It lets you say what state the new class/layer will be added to all the saved sheets. (not saved,invis,grey,visable). Which is a great thing, and speeds things up allot.

It has a couple of shortcomings

1. that it doesn't add the visibility setting to viewports.

2. that it can only apply a default to all.

Just to clarify, the quote above is not what i'm talking about. iboymatt is refering to the new layer/class dialog box. This only offers a default to all option.

I mean the buttons in the general layer/class dialog. There is a row down the right and a viewport button there is what is being requested

New

Remove

Colors

Scale

Saved Views (new for Version 11)

This saved view button lists all the saved views for a selected layer/class and its visibility and has the control i believe iboymatt is looking for.

Grant M,

Sorry about confusing your comment. Yep the saved view buttons is more what i would be looking for. It would be great to have one for Viewports as well.

Although i'm now not sure why the pop-up menu is in the new layer/class dialogue at all, or maybe why it's there but these dialogs don't have a means to set colour or scale for the new layer, or various attributes for classes.

Thanks