Moldings, Lintel, Capstones, Shutters

cmuraglia

Question

I recently tried a program called "Chief Architect" , and the window tool itself was simply amazing. Within the window tool itself you could add shutters, lintels, curtains, and a variety of Aprons and Moldings. Without leaving the "window" menu.

Please we need to automate processes like that and to have a menu for trim boards, gutters and leaders, capstones etc.,

I know these types of things could be created with extrudes etc., but when a program like "Chief Architect" makes these things so intuitive it scares me quite frankly. Please Nemetschek this is basic building stuff. We need to do this type of detail work much more effectively.

Sincerly

Chris Muraglia

Vectorworks 11 user

3 answers to this question

As a Mac user, VW seems to be the natural choice. But if I were on the PC I would be using some other program that provides the ease of use as described by cmuraglia.

It is frustrating to have this topic as a VW wish list while another program already has these functions as part of their operating program.

Hello all thanks for the feedback.

Chris I agree that "Chief" is limited but I must say that I do love their door and window tools. I can insert a beautiful window complete with fancy moldings, lintel/capstones, and shutters in mere seconds. This process which is a fairly common necessity in a residential design would take quite a long time in vector. I have spent 20 minutes somtimes in Vector just trying to get a profile right for a molding, around a door or window. Chief has a massive library of moldings.

Vectorworks perplexes me sometimes. I do like the program but we do not have an easy way of completing (at least for me)simple common design functions. We do however have a PIO for a

"Campanile"? Has anyone ever used that?

Sincerely

Chris Muraglia