visible Loci

propstuff

Question

If loci are selected they will show "through" any object which is on top of them. If not, or even if you're zoomed close to a line they're located on, they become obliterated and invisible and you have to "hunt" for them.

There have been wishes in the past relating to locus visibility.

I'd like the option to make loci always visible and, as well, the option to have them print.

cheers,

N.

3 answers to this question

Nicholas,

Do you know about the preference that displays crosshairs at each locus? That would at least help you to find them. The preference is called "Snap to Loci". I don't understand why it's called that; it doesn't seem to affect snapping to loci.

For printing, have you considered using a symbol that looks like a locus, instead of the locus itself? Then you could even choose how it prints.

Nicholas, I've got a work-around if you're interested. It's a script (command plug-in in this case) that brings all the 2D loci to front and makes them red (or whatever color). I put the command in my document context menu so I can access it with my right mouse button (or option-click) and it's a quick work-around fix to get them all visibile quickly.

As far as printing loci, I agree that should be an option.

Jan,

the problem with snap to Loci is the cross hairs. Even if you only have one; there are the cross-hairs messing up the screen. If you have a number of them its a complete mess. As far as making a Symbol is concerned, I already do that, but the Locus tool is there for a valid purpose, I don't want to have to make another thing to do the same task, I just want the existing one to be more Usable.

Not being a Programmer; I'm sure it would be a mere trifle ;-) to make them show through objects much like they do when theyre selected -while still having the ability to show when they are selected of course.

Tom,

Yes I would be interested in the Command. It would save me doing the custom selection thing...........

cheers,

N.