Bring to Front command

David Seibert

Question

In previous versions, one could select a bunch of objects stacked on top of each other, filled or not, and then hit the command-F keys to cycle through the objects bringing the topmost objects to the front one by one. Now you can't. I liked that alot and miss it. Please let me know if there is a current command sequence to perform said task. Thanks.

BTW - When you select multiple objects you can cycle through them in the object pallette and edit them by hitting the select button which highlights the object. So maybe one could then move that object to the front/back once it's highlighted in the pallette.

7 answers to this question

It's whatever key combination is assigned to the "Send Forward" command in the Tool menu. You can find out what it is by pulling down Tool > Send, and you can change it by pulling down File > Workspaces > Workspace Editor. The default key combination in version 10 for the PC is Ctrl-Alt-F.

Ray and Nicholas,

The "Send Forward" command normally sends the selected object(s) forward one step within its/their layer.

BUT, when multiple objects are selected, and once those objects have reached the top of their layer (use the "Send to Front" command to do that quicker), it sends first one and then another of them to the very top, cycling through them in the same order for as long as you keep issuing the command.

Isn't that what you're talking about?

It does that in v10. I don't have v11 yet.