Better Floor Frm'g

CipesDesign

Question

Dear NNA: I spent some time today with the FLOOR FRAMING tool(s) in VWA 11. While there is obviously enormous potential, I think the system has a ways to go before it becomes really functional. Here are just a couple ideas. (I assume, but have not verified, that the other framing modules produce similar results.)

1) Clean up the inconsistency with the JOIST OBJECT PIO. For example, why is the "joist hanger" option only available with solid joists? We use hangers on I-joists all the time!

2) And speaking of I-joists, (and any other framing member!), it would REALLY nice to be able to assign graphic attributes to the individual elements such that when I cut a section those graphic attributes are apparent. For example, I want my I-joist webs to look like plywood (simple diagonal hatch) in section. Same thing for floor sheathing, wall sheathing, etc.

Along these same lines, if we could have LIVE SECTIONS (possibly as an extension or a type of VIEWPORT?), and all of our 'materials' could have user defineable attributes (see above), then we'd REALLY have something.

I suspect you are already working in this direction, but just in case I thought I'd suggest it...

Thanks in Advance!javascript:void(0)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet