moving 3D verticies on nurbs

tom kyler_dup1

Question

When in an orthographic view, it would be nice to grab a nurbs vertex and move in the X-Y plane relative to the screen, and not have it move in the Z-value when snapping to other 3D points. A lot of nurbs modeling is done with image underlays and it's important to move the points in the plane of the screen only. I've seen this as a preference in other programs.

3 answers to this question

they're not quite what I want. Form_Z has an option that essentially constrains the curve to the "Z" value (the "in-screen" dimension when in ortho view) of the first point. So if you began to draw a line in orthographic view and say you began the curve by snapping to a point on another curve...all the other points would maintain the same "Z" value as opposed to drawing the remainder of the points on the working plane.

Of course I could rotate and move the working plane around to somewhat accomplish the same thing, but it doesn't work in all instances, especially when snapping to points on different curves....sometimes you want the points to align when in the orthographic view, but not align, in say..plan view, but when you snap to a point in ortho view, they become coincident.

[ 06-23-2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: tom kyler ]