Bring Back Nudge Toggle

MPJDesign

Question

I miss the care-free days of nudging by Ctrl+, and then off I go with one finger.. I'm not a big fan of having to hold down the shift key while using the nudge arrows. It's quite minor but those of us who have been using the program since the Mini-Cad days have certain muscle memory reflexes and many a time I've hit the wrong keys.

3 answers to this question

I agree with MPJ, that the old Nudge was better. I don't like anything that's done by holding down two keys at the same time, especially things that are done repeatedly and often.

In version 8, Nudge is a Command (though it works more like a Tool). You issue the command, and then you use any of the arrow keys, without any modifier key, to nudge as much as you want, until you "exit" the command. It's definitely easier to use than the new version.

Better still would be if Nudge were a Tool, so it could be invoked with a single key, and so that it would be consistent with the general distinction between Tools and Commands.