Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Gate node, or, reverse If node

Hello,

I'm coming from Grasshopper and I'm very aware that it's not the same as Marionette, but nevertheless I would like to perform a sort of inverse 'If' operation, similar to what in Grasshopper is called the Gate node.

In the attached image (from Grasshopper), the top example is similar to the existing 'If' node in Marionette; it takes two input streams and chooses toggles between them using a boolean. The bottom example is the inverse of the former, and it is what I want to achieve: a node that takes an input stream and sends it to either destination 0 or 1 depending on the boolean toggle.

I do not want to use a Valve because it kills the data flow down the line.

Is there any way to achieve this using existing components that I've missed?

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.251683270d2cd742e62c8b8843d5e603.png

Would this not be just two valves in parallel with the same input?  The control signal would then be inverted for each valve.  But I have not figured out how to do that.

But actually take a look at the Marionette Filter node in Data Flow.  I think for a single item it will be the same as the Gate.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

But actually take a look at the Marionette Filter node in Data Flow.  I think for a single item it will be the same as the Gate.

This was precisely what I was looking for, thanks!

A very embarrassing oversight on my part.

Edited by heavy manners
  • Like 1