Drawing Recovery

G-Pang

Question

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I wish Drawing Recovery Tools / Command can be added on Vectorworks.

Basically, all our drawing recovery stuff is integrated into File->Open. In certain cases, that will fix problems. (Usually it does so without any sort of message, and thus it's not obvious that it's going on.) If you have a file that needs more recovery than is built in, contact tech support; sometimes they can work with the NNA engineers to recover more data than you would get otherwise.

Occasionally, you can recover good layers from a bad file by creating a new file and using workgroup referencing to import layers from the problem file.

Normally, they takes few days to make a move, and I need it

within minutes. It is easy if we can do it ourselves..like Autocad.

My VW architects 10.5.1 keep crashinbg if I push it up the limits. I don't think my machine is the cause. currently I am running G5 2.0 Dp, 2 GB ram, Apple 23" HD display + OS 10.3.3.

It's very frustrating when VW crashed and corrupt the files just hours before delivered.

---------------

8 years using VW.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by G-Pang:

Normally, they takes few days to make a move, and I need it

within minutes. It is easy if we can do it ourselves..like Autocad.

VectorWorks does it, also, it just doesn't do it through a separate command. In general we recommend using the automated save to periodically save your work, and use the "Save to separate file in backup folder" to make doubly sure. Furthermore, I'd recommend making daily backups at the end of the day, CD-Rs are so much cheaper than time spent dealing with lost data.

g-pang

What version of VW are you using?

Crashes causing corrupt files was an issue in late versions of 9 and the beginning versions of 10, but was fixed in 10.1.2 or 10.5.0.

Vw Architects 10.5.1.

Running on G5 2.0 Dp, 2 GB ram, Apple 23" HD + Mac Os 10.3.3

It is not crash at all in normal days.But....

when I got very urgent jobs, which is must be complete within hours. I'll push my machine to work up to limit. Vw 10.5.1 will

crash when I use it too fast. It start to unstable and follow up by accidently quit.

Only Vw is crash, not my machine.

I know VW 9 & early 10 was not stable at all.

G-pang

8 Years using VW

.....Looking for VW 11