Tools Selection Dropdown _ Workgroup Libraries issue

t.sanchez

Question

Hello,

I've had a small issue for some time, possibly since we switched over to 2024, but I'm not certain. My company has a shared workgroup library. The files work as intended in the Resource Manager; however, when I use specific tools such as the Truss Tool, Hoist Tool, and Data Tag Tool, and go to select the symbol/style in the dropdown, the workgroup libraries appear empty.

I can work around this by first bringing the item I need into the file from the Resource Manager. Once I do that, the specific symbol becomes available in the tool because it is now part of the active file, but I still have no access to the shared libraries. We have a very small drafting department, and from what I know, it affects one other person the same way. I've relinked a few times since I've noticed this but have seen no changes. In the end, it's not a major issue since there's an easy workaround. However, I'd like to see if I can fix the issue at the source.

Screenshot2024-06-13105527.thumb.jpg.82d7e7e697aab667119f1aa009a95011.jpg

2 answers to this question

First thought, make sure you have "Refreshed" the Workgroup folder.

Second, (but it sounds like this isn't the issue) make sure there are VW2024 versions of all of your workgroup files in the Workgroup folder.
In my experience, the Resource Manager will not show files in older versions of VW. 

16 minutes ago, BartHays said:

First thought, make sure you have "Refreshed" the Workgroup folder.

Second, (but it sounds like this isn't the issue) make sure there are VW2024 versions of all of your workgroup files in the Workgroup folder.
In my experience, the Resource Manager will not show files in older versions of VW. 

The standard Resource Manager window functions completely fine, all updated for 2024, refreshed, and linked. I manage all this for my company, so I update and sync regularly. I have also relocated the folder in the Vectorworks preferences in the past week, no change. Unless you are referring to being able to refresh somewhere else outside the standard window, it doesn't seem to be the issue.