Better Reference File Moving

eric.rktek

Question

I'd like to put another request in for a better/more streamlined way to deal with referenced layers positions. I typically do a separate file for each floor level of building plan. These files all are positioned in alignment or 'on top of each other' relative to a common origin point. This works great for drafting and design, but there are many occasions when I set up sheet files that I need to shift or move the position of one of the plans so it can oocupy its own space on the sheet. I don't want to move the vector data in the base file.

Would it be possible for Vectorworks to add the ability to provide some kind of origin position offset control for referenced files in the Workgroup Reference menu? It would be great to have a button in that menu for this feature. It could simply have input fields for X & Y. Any coordinate entered in for provide a temporary offset of that file's origin that would not effect the base file. This would eliminate the need to try to deal with the workaround with layer links, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet