autosave to local folder

Kees W

Question

we work with workgroup referenced files of a server a lot.

Since the otherwise great addition of true auto saving in VW 10, our server is littered with VW backup folders. I have set Retrospect to ignore them, but I'd rather not have those folders there at all.

Also, and more importantly, when working on large files, while autosaving, the related stalling of VectorWorks becomes quite noticable and annoying.

I therefor requets an option to always autosave to a local folder of one's choosing.

Simce VectorWorks doesn't clean up backup files after a user requested quit, this would make it easier to clean up after oneselve too.

2 answers to this question

Kees, I agree wholeheartedly.

We to have this problem and have had to turn off autosave to backup folder in order to limit the amount of junk that resides on our server. For us the only solution to this problem is to set a local folder for autosaves which gives better control to the individual and saves valuable server space. Please find the time to include this in the next release V11.01?