Doors and Windows in walls

Catmansound

Question

Vectorworks 10.5 user.

Doors and windows selected from the tool bar don't seem to act as symbols in walls, I may just need to learn more about this. When I input a window or door using the tool bar, I can't use the "duplicate symbol in wall" command. However, when I input a door or window using the Resource Browser, the behavior is very different. Those act more like objects. Can someone explain the difference to me? I think the tool bar doors and windows seem to be more intuitive.

I'm not that fond of the "Duplicate in Wall Tool" command anyway because it precludes that one is interested in measuring location of duplicate objects relative from a newly input object. Often times, I'd like to duplicate an object that is already in place. I can't use the duplicate command because it doesn't link the new object to the wall.

Case:

I drop a window into a wall, client says, "great, give me two more windows just like it at 10' intervals".

How is this done now without starting over?

Cheers,

Anthony

1 answer to this question