Round Walls are really a Wall????

JC

Question

Hello everyone.

-When I insert any symbol in a wall I can use the (Duplicate Symbol in Wall Tool) to duplicate the symbo,l but... when I draw a Round Wall and insert a symbol and try to use the (Duplicate Symbol in Wall Tool) a warning appears in the middle of my screen saying: "Pick a wall in which to duplicate the active symbol". Why???; so my cuestion is Round Wall are really a Wall???????.

-Another wish item is the ability to nuge symbols inside walls (Doors, Windows, etc) I know if I disable (Wall Insertion Mode) and I pickup any symbols in wall I can move but... not Nudge.

PD: Sorry for my english.

G4 Dual 867 / 256 RAM / MacOS 10.2.8 / VW 10.5.0

4 answers to this question

JC, you make a very good point on both topics. It looks like a little tweaking is necessary for the round walls.

I agree that objects linked to walls should be able to be nudged, or even moved or duplicated using the Move or duplicate command. Presently, you can't do that and have the duplicated object linked to the wall.

Cheers,

Anthony

[ 02-21-2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: AnthonyMC ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by JC:

Hello everyone.

-When I insert any symbol in a wall I can use the (Duplicate Symbol in Wall Tool) to duplicate the symbo,l but... when I draw a Round Wall and insert a symbol and try to use the (Duplicate Symbol in Wall Tool) a warning appears in the middle of my screen saying: "Pick a wall in which to duplicate the active symbol". Why???; so my cuestion is Round Wall are really a Wall???????.

The flaw is in the Duplicate Symbol in Wall tool. I took a quick look at the code, and it does not support round walls. I've submitted the need for such support as a bug/wish.

Andrew, thanks so much, and Anthony if you are on mac you can duplicate any symbol or Plugin Object (PIO) inside a wall keeping Alt/Option Key while you drag de Symbol or PIO inside the wall.

G4 Dual 867 / 256 RAM / MacOS 10.2.8 / VW 10.5.0