Wall Type Tool

Catmansound

Question

I'm using VW10 Architect

Some User Interface items of note that I'd like to mention in relation to the way Wall Types are created and managed.

1. It seems like the Select Wall Type dialog box, (it's really a Manage Wall Types dialog box), which is only accessible through the pull down AEC menu, correct me if there's another method here, should be accessible via a button on the mode bar when the Walls icon is selected.

2. The Select Wall Types dialog box that does appear is a single modal dialog box that requires the user to exit the dialog box before continuing. It may be more usefull to treat a "Wall Types Manager" dialog box as multi-modal like the Resource Browser or Object Info Palattes so that the user has the ability to modify and manipulate wall types while interactivly working with the drawing.

3. Defining or modifying a wall type's Class name is not linked to Classes already defined in the drawing. This may cause confusion in an office since a user can mispell a Class name, and a new Class is created inadvertantly. Linking to existing classes in the drawing through a drop down list while managing the wall types would simplify the process. But leave the option for creating a new class as well.

Cheers,

Anthony

[ 02-19-2004, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: AnthonyMC ]

2 answers to this question