Project Sharing - Recalculating Graphic Legend Pompts Check Out of Other Items

gloudon

Question

Hey all,

My collegues and I have been using VW project sharing for a couple of projects now. We are using VW 2024 (update 5) landmark edition. We have noticed some seemingly random check-outs being required to update some viewports, graphic legends, or worksheets. I've posted an image below that shows me trying to recalculate a graphic legend (highlighted in the lower left hand corner) and a prompt from VW to check out callouts on totally different design layers and sheet layers that have nothing to do with the graphic legend I'm trying to update. This has happened with other instances but this is the latest one that has prompted me to ask about it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-05-21 144144.png

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @gloudon!

This behavior looks unexpected to me as well.  Could you please report a bug for this at this link: https://www3.vectorworks.net/vectorworks-bug-report with an attached file and steps to reproduce this issue?  Alternatively, you can feel free to send me a private message with the aforementioned information and I would gladly take the time to help look into this issue.

Thank you!

Dominic

Oh, I can tag on to this!

I'll gather some examples but we often have this problem with Project sharing.

I want to update a texture and VW tells me I have to check out all Tags, or all referenced PDFs 

Do you want more examples? or should I wait to see if Update 6 fixes them?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @BartHays.

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  If you have encountered a situation that appears to be a bug with Project Sharing object checkout behavior, you can feel free send me a file to look at with steps to reproduce the issue and I will gladly investigate it.  You don't have to wait until Update 6 is released.  Alternatively, you can file a bug at this link as well: https://www3.vectorworks.net/vectorworks-bug-report if you would prefer to do that.  

Thanks!

Dominic

• Like 2