Have a "include NONE class" checkbox on Class Filter definitions

Question

One very small thing that bugs me about the class filter system is that to select the 'NONE' class I have to click out of my filter and into "All Classes"

Since almost everything involves the NONE class, at least peripherally, it might be nice to be able to include that in addition to any Class Name 'starts with "X"' filter definition.

image.png.657c3b0b96593a9213253882ba8c139d.png

It would be really great to have an "OR" filter... but that seems to not be so easy if I remember correctly.

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

It would definitely be very cool if it was like the Criteria builder for Worksheets, etc + you could use 'and' + 'or' when defining filter criteria. Or otherwise apply more than one filter at a time (which I think I've wished for in the past)

• Like 3
8 hours ago, hollister design Studio said:

One very small thing that bugs me about the class filter system is that to select the 'NONE' class I have to click out of my filter and into "All Classes"

Hmm I never need to alter the visibility of ‘None’ as I never turn it off. So all I ever need to do is make it active again if I’ve been creating geometry in a different class but I do this with a script assigned to a keyboard shortcut. So I’d personally have no use for an ‘Include None Class’ checkbox in filters.

1 hour ago, Tom W. said:

Hmm I never need to alter the visibility of ‘None’ as I never turn it off. So all I ever need to do is make it active again if I’ve been creating geometry in a different class but I do this with a script assigned to a keyboard shortcut. So I’d personally have no use for an ‘Include None Class’ checkbox in filters.

Still, an "include/ignore always visible classes*" option would be handy it that case.

*understanding don't have such a thing as always visible classes. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Matt Overton said:

Still, an "include/ignore always visible classes*" option would be handy it that case.

*understanding don't have such a thing as always visible classes. 

I think the simplest + most flexible option would be either to be able to build complex filter criteria like you do with Worksheets, etc as described above, or keep the 'Class Filter' dialog as it is but just be able to apply more than one filter at once, similar to how you can check off multiple Data Visualisations at the same time. I found the wish I made for this earlier:

• Like 1