Jump to content
  • 2

VW for iPadOS, please 🙏


Question

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
5 hours ago, PenChiselCamera said:

The iPad is the perfect site and travel computer for architects. Except there's no real Vectorworks support. So I always have to lug a MacBook with me too.

 

Please, can we finally get Vectorworks for iPadOS.

Which will then cover visionPro by extension. 

 

Link to comment
  • 0
3 hours ago, zoomer said:

I would rather vote for Apple finally bringing macOS to iPads.

I'd be surprised if this ever happens.  After all, so many of us buy both.  If an iPad ran MacOS many people would stop buying Macs.

Link to comment
  • 0
  • Administrator

We recognize the importance of making Vectorworks available on platforms like iPadOS to support and improve the mobility of our customers. While we currently don't have an iPad solution in our roadmap, significant barriers related to hardware and software requirements have posed challenges in this regard. Now, with advancements in Apple's M chip technology, there's potential for this to change in the future. I hope 🤞🏼not promising anything here. 

 

In the meantime, I want to highlight the Vectorworks Nomad App, which provides a solution for accessing Vectorworks files on mobile devices, as many of you already know. While I understand that Nomad does not fully address your request for iPad support, we're actively seeking ways to enhance its functionality. If you have any specific enhancements or features you'd like to see in Nomad or in our cloud offering to further improve mobility support, please don't hesitate to share your feedback with us. Your feedback helps us prioritize improvements and our solutions to meet your needs better.

 

Thank you again for your continued support. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
28 minutes ago, JuanP said:

We recognize the importance of making Vectorworks available on platforms like iPadOS to support and improve the mobility of our customers. While we currently don't have an iPad solution in our roadmap, significant barriers related to hardware and software requirements have posed challenges in this regard. Now, with advancements in Apple's M chip technology, there's potential for this to change in the future. I hope 🤞🏼not promising anything here. 

 

In the meantime, I want to highlight the Vectorworks Nomad App, which provides a solution for accessing Vectorworks files on mobile devices, as many of you already know. While I understand that Nomad does not fully address your request for iPad support, we're actively seeking ways to enhance its functionality. If you have any specific enhancements or features you'd like to see in Nomad or in our cloud offering to further improve mobility support, please don't hesitate to share your feedback with us. Your feedback helps us prioritize improvements and our solutions to meet your needs better.

 

Thank you again for your continued support. 

 


‘Thank you for this response. It is very much appreciated.

 

Regarding Nomad, the biggest issue is that it can’t open VW files. Exporting PDFs is of little utility as our current drawings will always be saved as PDFs already.

 

Even the ability to open native VW files, manipulate layer/class visibility and take measurements would be very useful. But ultimately we need a way to create, edit and collaborate on VW projects on mobile devices like iPads. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • 0
10 hours ago, PenChiselCamera said:


‘Thank you for this response. It is very much appreciated.

 

Regarding Nomad, the biggest issue is that it can’t open VW files. Exporting PDFs is of little utility as our current drawings will always be saved as PDFs already.

 

Even the ability to open native VW files, manipulate layer/class visibility and take measurements would be very useful. But ultimately we need a way to create, edit and collaborate on VW projects on mobile devices like iPads. 

Yes bring back blueprint (please tell me I'm not the only one old enough to remember that).

It was a stripped back version of minicad but could do all those sorts of mark-up tasks, and simple 2D drawings from memory could open and save MiniCad files directly.

That level of product as a starting point would be great. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • 0
Posted (edited)

For me at a minimum, it would be great to be able to open the .vwx file, filter through layers and then be able to add notes, comments and basic shapes that can then be reviewed back in the office. This would be useful for being on site or when you have that moment of creativity and want it noted on the plan. 

 

To use the full capabilities of vectorworks on an iPad would need ridiculous hardware and software. 

Edited by Ben Miura
  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • 0
On 5/16/2024 at 12:07 AM, Ben Miura said:

For me at a minimum, it would be great to be able to open the .vwx file, filter through layers and then be able to add notes, comments and basic shapes that can then be reviewed back in the office. This would be useful for being on site or when you have that moment of creativity and want it noted on the plan. 

 

To use the full capabilities of vectorworks on an iPad would need ridiculous hardware and software. 

 

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...