OLE object suport, VIEWPORT functionality, and a REAL helpsystem

Allan Christean

Question

I am sure there are many who have brought up some of these things. I have been using VW landmark to do landscape design for two years now. I love much about VW but often find myself frustrated with some major, at least in my opinion, flaws. Is it just impossible to ask for view ports? When I called the salesman back before version 9.5, the one I use now, he said they were working on it for a future version. Layer links don't work at all for what I do. They stink. I love the view port feature in AutoCAD (and most every other serious CAD program I might add). I use VW because it is just so much more intuitive and the drawings just look better. I also yearn for the ability to insert an OLE object. This also is part of most every other serious CAD programs. I manipulate and format all of the data I extract from VW in Excel - and have to paste it in as EPS so it will look good when printed. How nice it would be to have the ability to simply link it in place as an OLE object and continue to play with it if need be. Lastly, a real html help system would be nice. the PDF manual is just ok.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet