Floor and wall Levels BEGINNER

I am just getting started on the BIM features after working on 2D mode for years.  I have started a few projects from the provided templets.  I set up stories at 10' height intervals.  When I draw walls and a slab for a story, both wall and slab bottoms are at 0', 10', 20' and so on.  This means that they overlap for at the bottom of the walls.  What is the best way to resolve it so they don't overlap and the wall actually sit on top of the slab.  

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 7.15.37 AM.png

1 hour ago, homero said:

What is the best way to resolve it so they don't overlap and the wall actually sit on top of the slab.  

The other approach is to use the Story system.

That might be a better approach if you are dealing with lots of stories and/or coordinating with other BIM platforms (like if your building engineers use Revit).

You might want to read this thread to get some good info on setting up multi-story buildings using layers alone:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, homero said:

Do you know why the walls are going to the bottom of my slab with the setting is top of slab?  Thanks!

Post a file, or portion of the file, and someone will look at it.  It's something in your settings for the walls or slabs that can be corrected.

• 3 weeks later...