Autocad?

We sometimes recieve plots from designers that were originaly drawn in AutoCAD. After inporting them we often get two small Xs on the symbols. While I am aware that this may be a problem with the AutoCAD file itself is there any way to fix this problem. Also I was curious if there is any way to transfer the Symbol Atributes from an autocad symbol into a VectorWorks instrument? I have Noticed that if you look in properties of the symbol in VW and than click on the data tab you can often find the attribute data there.

There may be no solution but any insight would be greatly apreciated

quote:

Originally posted by ArenaLights:
Also I was curious if there is any way to transfer the Symbol Atributes from an autocad symbol into a VectorWorks instrument? I have Noticed that if you look in properties of the symbol in VW and than click on the data tab you can often find the attribute data there.

There may be no solution but any insight would be greatly apreciated

IF you make the field names of the attribute info attached to the symbols match the field names in the SpotLight lighting instrument then it will automagically import the data when you use the convert to instrument command.