Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Cloud Hidden

2D Rotate Tool options

Question

The 2D Rotate tool should have an option to duplicate the selected object, just like the mirror tool does, and also should have an option to do multiple duplicates. I space items around domes, and having to select, duplicate, get the start angle, set the placement angle, change tools, select the original all over again, etc is a pain when placing objects at irregular spacing around the dome.

It'd be nice to select, set the start angle, and click, click, click to place 3 copies.

Share this post


Link to post

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Guest

Under the edit menu is Duplicate array and it has a circular array option.

Does this not meet your needs?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Hi Katie,

The key word is "irregular". For example, I'm going to place 8 sconces next to doors. The doors aren't regularly spaced, so clicking and using a vertex or existing object for alignment works a whole lot better than having to have regular offset angles. I'd use this to place vertices, outlets and all sorts of stuff. Being able to duplicate when rotating is maybe 70%, being able to multiply duplicate is the other 30%...if I'm prioritizing.

Thanks for asking.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It would be great indeed if the 2D Rotate had a duplicate option like the Mirror.

And... I wish the Mirror tool would ?cast a phantom? during its execution just like the 2D Rotate does.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

This, like nearly all the minor complaints about how tools and commands work, is solved by having greater keyboard control, through macros.

When I want to duplicate and rotate, I just hit the "Duplicate" key with my keypad hand, a split second before rotating with my mouse hand. It works very well for the kind of multiple rotation at different angles that Cloud is talking about.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

 

7150 Riverwood Drive, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA   |   Contact Us:   410-290-5114

 

© 2018 Vectorworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Vectorworks, Inc. is part of the Nemetschek Group.

×
×
  • Create New...