ESC, SHIFT, CTRL, AND ALT

The Hamma

Question

These four keys are so under used in Vectorworks.

Esc - should eventual bring you to square one. Every time you press it, it should take you one step out of commands and eventually to the selection tool with no selections.

Shift - should have the option of being the add/subtract to selection (current function) or use it to only subtract from selection like AutoCAD and all other selections are additive. You would use the esc key to drop all selections.

Ctrl - when dropping a symbol that is not being placed in a wall this key could flip the symbol so i don't have to flip it after i put it down.

Alt - means alternate - you can think of uses for it. When I do I will be back

You have three modifying keys to work with. Every tool should have three main options that could be assigned to these keys.

3 answers to this question

Many tools have more than three options an sometimes dif. modes, that's why you can configure the "mode groups" on the "misc. keys" (custom workspace), and switch to any of the options or modes by pressing the keys of your choice. this way you can reach any of the functions or options of VW.