dash styles

marc wittwer

Question

1 answer to this question

I agree, but I would like to add. Personally I see no reason to have a limit on how many Dash styles you have. I would like the styles to be more visible when picking them from the attributes palette and numbering them would help. I also feel that they should be the same from one drawing to the next, maybe there would be a separate file that could contain all the possible dash styles and each would have a name. We could then import which ones we needed rather than inventing them each and every time. I also feel that the dash style editor needs to be more like the wall type editor or a combination of both. This would help to be more precise in dash creation, because lord knows I can't make a decent dash style with the existing editor. Also all lines, boxes, polylines, etc. should start with a solid section at the beginning and end as well as the corners. This is a drafting convention. You learn that one in drafting 101. In short I think the whole dash style system need an overhaul.