Auto Cad compatible

DWHarper

Question

Since this is a wish list page, I would like to wish for seamless transfer between Auto Cad and Vectorworks.

As much as I hate to say this, Auto Cad is an engineering standard in America. If Vector Works could transfer seamlessly, then I would be assured I can continue to use the superior of the two, Vectorworks.

[Confused]

6 answers to this question

What I would like to see as do-able may already be possible; however, when I attempted to send structural drawings to an Architect, she preferred the .dxf file format because the Autocad export was unusable?

I never did see what she was talking about; but, I believe it had to do with me using two or three different scales on one drawng (plan scale, elevation scale and detail scale) all on different layers.

This is where autocad would be expecting model space/paper space/view ports.....and what she received must have confused autocad?

Perhaps all I needed to do was adjust settings on the export command?

If so, then perhaps my wish has come true?

Wouldn't that be a great surprise!

All you needed to do was change all the layers to 1:1 scale before exporting.

And be sure to check the "Scale Text" box in the "Layer Scale" window.

And if you want to show your correspondent how to set up her ViewPorts to make it look like your drawing, send a print, or a PDF file, or the original VectorWorks file with a link to the VectorWorks Viewer download page.

Maybe someday AutoCad will learn to use scales, and then we won't have to do this.

As a struggler with this problem, many posts have suggested that it is in the text alignment. which I have tried to work with using ARIAL font, and alas, I still have to spend an inordinate amount of un-billable time to exist in the A'cad world. I've spent the $$$ to buy 2002 LT & Virtual PC, so that I could see what I'm sending out, and I'm still bleeding for my use of this program, I love it / hate it. THIS NEEDS FIXING!!!

As a struggler with this problem, many posts have suggested that it is in the text alignment. which I have tried to work with using ARIAL font, and alas, I still have to spend an inordinate amount of un-billable time to exist in the A'cad world. I've spent the $$$ to buy 2002 LT & Virtual PC, so that I could see what I'm sending out, and I'm still bleeding for my use of this program, I love it / hate it. THIS NEEDS FIXING!!!