Import saved sheet

P Retondo

Question

I would love the option to import saved sheets.

It would also be handy when you've added classes to a master file, and want to go through all the files that reference it and make sure it's turned on in their sheets.

Related to P Retondo's problem, it would also be nice if the perspective views coud by typed in numerically (coordinates for viewer's location, distance and angle of view, and numerical perspective). I know you can sort of do all this already, but the information is scattered through several menus. Also, if you have a perspective view you like (adjusted through rotating, etc.), there is no way that I know of to find out these numbers so you can duplicate the view.

A suggestion to P Retondo: I've gotten around this problem somewhat by saving multiple copies of the file with the saved sheet I like, deleting all objects, and pasting in the objects from the other files. I don't know if this would work in your instance.

4 answers to this question

We can import other items from the resources palette, but not saved sheets. I'm not sure why this is, but it seems possible. It is an important capability when comparing design variations. I'm trying to set up perspective views of three files containing alternative modifications to a project, but I have to go through a tortuous and inexact process to get the same perspective point of view in each of these three files.

[ 07-10-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]

i discovered today how amazingly useful import of saved sheets could be.

we have a largish project (12floors) and for some reason the plans file crashes VW when i go to print or page setup.

i've referenced all the meanful layers into a new clean file

so i can now print agian.

but with no saved sheet import i now have to go through and remake all the saved sheets. some 20+ sheets @ 2min each, thats about an hour of time wasted.

that could be a couple of minutes if i could import the saved sheets.

That doesn't even take into account all the day to day time that could be saved with improving saved sheets.