Counter-Intuitive Notations

tmadsign

Question

Though better than previously, the TEXT NOTE, CALLOUT TOOL, & KEYNOTE TOOLS and their menu counterparts require too many steps and need serious streamlining and more in tune with work flow.

Relative to my view of the universe, it would be ideal to have one tool with simple mode options for the tool types which will allow access to

all or many of the options in the menu, ie (preferences, database, manager, and create notes).

While cruising along my merry way and wanting to generate a note, I want to be able to select the tool, say KEYNOTE for example, and select, or directly add to and select the database from one location on

the fly instead of having to go into a database input mode, then select the tool and find and reselect the notes I just typed into the database. The same would be true for the TEXT TOOL & CALLOUT TOOLS. (I also wonder why we need both of these tools versus a combined one.)

I also wish the KEYNOTE object acted more like the CALLOUT TOOL where the box and leader line are one editable object. As it is now, after creating a KEYNOTE ' of too many objects' (text, rectangle, & two lines), the box is in front of the text, has to be sent back if I want

it filled, and must be grouped to keep things together. Also, after moving and needing to change the leader line length and/or angle, this object takes multiple steps and time to resize.

I'm definitely curious of how others use these tools and notes in general, whether or not Nemetschek is looking at refinements, and if it is possible to create a plug-in (or any already exist) that could help streamline these shortcomings.

Terry

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet