i found a really cool feature!

marc wittwer

Question

hi nna,

thanks for changing the "classattributes" by grouping objects! i saw, that the group becom the class of the objects (if the objects are in the same class).

this feature is really great and i'm happy to have it. with this feature my daily work with VW is really more faster than in the 9.x

thanks again for this feature!

greetings, marc

[smile][Eek!][smile]

2 answers to this question

Marc, I can see how in certain circumstances this could make work easier for you. For others, however, this feature might make work more difficult - it's a matter of the particular user's working system.

In the past I have expressed concern about complication and contradiction involved in the use of the class attribute as it has been applied to container objects like groups. As we move more towards object-oriented concepts, sorting out this problem will become more and more important. How do the qualities of member objects relate to the qualities of the container object? I don't think we can continue with the concept that container objects are the equivalent of member objects.

IT should only happen when the objects being grouped belong to the SAME class.

If objects being grouped belong to different classes, the same old behaviour stays in place.