curved/arcing leader lines

Chris Fleming

Question

I would love to see a curved leader available in Vectorworks. I do architectural drawing (mostly 2D), and would prefer a curved leader over the "sterile" straight-line leader offered. I think straight-line leaders are fine for mechanical type drawings, but like the "artism" offered by the curve.

Maybe someone had developed this already. If so, let me know!

4 answers to this question

I keep a symbol called "arrowhead" for this purpose. It consists of a short line with an arrowhead. The length of the line is less than the length of the arrowhead, and the arrow points to the left, with the insertion point at the tip of the arrowhead.

I can insert it at any scale, placing it on the end of a curving polyline. Any slight motion before releasing the mouse button snaps to a nearby point on the polyline, and the arrowhead is inserted pointing exactly the right way to serve as an arrowhead for the curved polyline.

I use the Arc By Tangent tool & put an arrow head on one end. You can draw straight horiz. from your note, then bend it down to the detail. You can also do 'S' curves by starting a second arc off of the end of the first - tool will let you know when you are tangent. For 1 reference to multiple items (i.e. w.c.s), draw the line from the note through all the fixtures to the last one, then give it an arowhead. Cut the arc @ ea. fixture, and ea. segment will have an arrowhead.