Layer (class) window and better management

Julien

Question

Hello all,

I starting to do some complex 2D and 3D works and I notice that layer (like class) is time consuming to organize and manage when I have more that 50 of each, for examples.

Is not possible to have a floating window for layer and classes and to have the possibiliti to organize it (moving up and down) only with a simple mouse/pen drag without clickink all time on up/down - bottom/top.

For example I'm Adobe Illustrator user. I can crate maps with more of 100s layers and continue to manage an working with a floating window, and with a simple click I can decide to mask, see, or dispace layers order with selecting one or more layers and move where I whant...

The possibility to have a free window with layer/class I sure that can be time saving. Well without change the actual layer class menu on the window bar menu, obviusly. Only to have new window, like object/simbols one...

I hope that can be made for new version ! [Wink]

thank for eventualy answer.

greetings Julien (Switzerland)

4 answers to this question

Hello,

I fully agree with this : Illustrator, Archicad and Autocad offer great layer management features.

The best would be to imagine something totally revolutionnary for Vectorworks.

Other : transparency, with slider settings from transparent to fully opaque, as attributes for objects themselves instead of the on/off overlay mode.

Thank you

I think we should have the option to resize the window (layer/class) .

I'm working an an office standard template and it is quite frustrating to do the" click click click click click click" deal each time I want to change the location of a layer. I'd like to see as many layers as possible and not be forced to scroll to see the relative position of my relocated layer .

The simple highlight and drag to the req'd location is great, but the window size could also be bigger.

Please [big Grin]

It would also be nice to be able to lock and unlock a layer (like photoshop & illustrator) without having to select all the objects on that layer then lock them. Sometimes I want to work on /modify objects on two layers and have a third laye that i can snap to without modifying anything on it.

Or I guess you could have one layer set to snap only (instead of locking) and other layers to snap/modify.