Select symbol in wall WITHOUT resize cursor

P Retondo

Question

I have found it impossible to select a door or window in a wall with the cursor set to selection, as opposed to resize. It is thus impossible to avoid inadvertantly moving a window or a door when I only want to change its attributes. Could this be fixed?

Well, after posting the above I thought, maybe there is a modification key that does what I want and found that using "shift + click" disables resizing, although the cursor remains the double arrow. I wonder if this is generally known, and whether it makes sense to change the cursor icon to a cross when using the shift modifier?

[ 04-25-2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]

1 answer to this question

Actually, I spoke too soon. When you use the shift modifier, the window/door is not selected. Instead, the wall is selected. So we still do not have a reliable way to select an embedded wall or door for editing without the potential that it would be inadvertantly moved. To select any other object and avoid the possibility of moving it, we can use either the shift modifier or a marquee. I would suggest changing the code so that when snapping to a window or door, the shift modifier will select it but disallow shifting its position.