Lock Classes and Layers

Dan Kessler

Question

4 answers to this question

Setting the class to Gray or using Show Others as the class mode will "lock" classes or layers, since you cannot select or modify objects with the above parameters.

I will add it to the wish list.

[ 04-03-2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Katie,

Yes, but wouldn't it be better if I could individually select which classes and layers would be "locked" and which wouldn't? Instead of just considering them "others".

Greying them does this, but limits how objects are represented. For example, text and dashed lines aren't indicated properly. And, I can't snap to objects on greyed classes and layers!!!

This brings up another feature suggestion...In addition to a "lock" button, how about a "snappable" button? This would let me determine which classes and layers can be snapped to.

Selecting all objects in a layer/class and locking them would prevent deleting or moving things on that layer/class, but being able to lock a layer/class would also prevent ADDING anything to that layer/class inadvertently. It would also be very quick to toggle as well. Also, if locked and unlocked objects exist on a layer/class, locking the whole layer/class, would leave the object level locking intact. Unlocking the layer/class would return you to the same state you were in previously.

I think this would be a very useful feature, and I'd like to see it added in the future.

Raymond