Spotlight and Renderworks

quote:

Originally posted by Dave Barnes:
OK, I think I'm moving pretty well in Spotlight. Got 9.5 up and running and not having too many Now I want to add Renderworks stuff. Got the program installed, but can't get it into Vectorworks/Spotlight. I know it must be something small. Somebody wanna walk me through it? ThanksDave Barnes

You'll know that renderworks is there when the initial SpotLight splash screen includes the "Renderworks Installed" banner at the top and you will have a third, texture, pane in the object info palette. If these things are there then renderworks was installed correctly. If you can't render or can't export renderings then you need to check your quicktime install and make sure you install the quicktime authoring component of the package. This is not installed by default and is only choosable through a custom install.

HTH

If you are installing RenderWorks from the 9.5 CD, it is recommended to just reinstall Spotlight, this time installing Spotlight and RenderWorks.

Simply uninstall Spotlight, insert the installation CD and enter your Spotlight and RenderWorks serial number when prompted in the installation steps. The following dialog box should alert you that you are installing Spotlight and Renderworks with a checkmark in both sections. Proceed with the install. Upon first launch of the newly installed Spotlight/RenderWorks, you should recognize the Rendering items in which Kevin suggested.

If you are not seeing "Renderworks Installed" when you open Spotlight then you probably installed it in the wrong directory.

As far as I know this is not documented and Vectorworks has not fixed the problem.

When installing Renderworks, it asks you if you want to install it in the Vectorworks 9.0 directory and you generally would trust this and say yes.

However, the directory that actually holds Vectorworks is Vectorworks 9.01 or 9.5 - this is where you need to install VW.

Unistall Renderworks and then reinstall. When it asks you if you want to put it in the VW9.0 directory, click Browse and select the 9.01 directory.

This should solve the problem.

Good luck

Lonnie