Worksheet Text Wrapping

BG

Question

6 answers to this question

My engineer sent me a shear wall schedule that is in Excel. It has text that wraps within cells. If I try to copy and paste this into a VW worksheet it is a mess and is unusable.

Therefore I am forced to scan a hardcopy and paste the image into the VW file. Result: poor image quality and 9.5MB added to my already large 40MB file.

[ 04-04-2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Kevin ]

Kevin,

Instead of copying the worksheet and pasting it, why don't you create a worksheet with the proper number of rows and columns.

Then go to File>Import>Import Worksheet.

Select the excel file to import.

Kevin:

This is one of my pet peeves with this program. Instead of importing my specifications, created in Excel into a worksheet, I too have to copy and paste onto the sheet (bitmaps and oodles of memory). Then I have to print in best mode (pokey) to be able to read the sheet. The lack of word wrap and or text justifications is just flat out stupid. I don't want a window schedule that extends across twenty sheets because the cells do not have this feature.

I understand the Mac can retain format of the text and paste as text. This program and NNA tout cross platform transparency yet clearly this is not the case (especially in light of the text editor development in 10 being "dumbed-down" so that it would work on the Mac).

By the way the new text features (weird tab feature) are useless.