Xref clip and copy

GregG

Question

I am working on a complicated wall/plan relationship.

I wanted to rotate the result and put into diferent layers where I can play with the scales in order to produce blowups of a part of plan and elevation in one sheet.

Here is the part I like about the concept: It saves a great deal of time. Just like the old days of going to the xerox machine and coping a part of the drawing, blowing it up and puting it on a sheet of design drawings

4 answers to this question

You can use Layer linking for this.

Then unlock the layers and move the individual layers around on the screen.

You can link more than one layer link layer to a separate layer link.

If you do this, unlock the link by going to Edit, Unlock.

You can then move the various groups of links around on the page. \

You can also go to the linked layers and do a Convert Copy to Polygons of the elevation views. That will create a group of polygons representing what you see on the screen.

You can then cut those and paste them in another layer to meet your layout needs.

All this helps a great deal.

However, I still have one problem. When I break up from the layer link to use a part of the drawing i.e. file, all of a sudden I lose the ability to draw in one place and have all the other drawings & details updated at once. I need to go into every one and change it to the latest version. Not good if I need to minimize the amount of time on tproducing the design documents.

What you suggest almost works but still no cigar.

Thanks for the reply.