Sign in to follow this  
Dan Kessler

Superscript Text

Question

I'd like to have the ability to add superscript text. If i need to show a door's dimension on a floor plan, I like to show it using superscript text instead of feet and inches. For example a 3'-0" x 6'-8" door leaf would be indicated by 30x68, but the "0" and "8" are shown in superscript text.

5 answers to this question

This is a good idea. My current workaround is to create a symbol consisting of multiple text items in different font sizes. Each bit of text is linked to a record (e.g., "feet" and "inches") so that different instances of the placed symbol can display different door widths.

This is a message I put on the VectorWorks User Group about superscript:

"Yes I have managed to get superscript to work on VW11 but only by using the fonts AppleGothic or AppleMyungjo. There may be other fonts"

Presumably now that we have Unicode support in v12.5 we also have superscript/subscript support?

If we do I can't work how to use it. Pasting a superscript piece of text doesn't work either.