Sign in to follow this  
P Retondo

Alt + arrow to navigate to next VISIBLE layer

Question

We can use Ctrl + arrow to navigate to the layers above and below the current active layer. It would be great if we had a similar method, like Alt + arrow, to navigate to the adacent visible layers.

5 answers to this question

Do you mean you want it to skip the layers that are not set with a visible visibility?

Hi Katie, yes, when you are working in a particular view composed of two or more visible layers, the different layers may be separated from each other in the layer list. So it would be great to have a keyboard command to make it faster to switch between the visible layers.

I agree. In fact, this would improve my biggest gripe with the trying to navigate (ie read) the Layers window. 90 % of the time I need to navigate it is to move between the sheets of a saved sheet group.

Hence it would improve the funtionality of the Setup Manager.

Thanks

I agree, too. There are times when this would be preferable to cycling through all layers.

Maybe a fifth line could be added to the "Arrow Keys" box in "VectorWorks Preferences" for "Switch Visible Layer", and Alt-arrow could be one of the hotkeys.