More info in the infopalet would be nice.

Walther in Europe ( Mac us

Question

Infopalet :

When we select for exemple a rectangular, the infopalet gives us the surface.

When we select two or three rectangulars, the infopalet tells us the total of those surfaces.

But we cannot see the total of selected objects.

For example : I draw a lot of switches ( symbols ) in layer ground-floor, but after a time a want to know how many switched I placed.

I can easily select the symbol that represents the switch type and change them into another switch type B, but I can't see how many switched I have selected in the infopalet.

I would be great to see how many objects are selected.

Thanks, [smile]

1 answer to this question

When I read this wish item, I was going to add my support for it. It sounded like a very good idea for the Object Info palette to show how many objects are selected, as a quick way of counting iterations of a symbol.

But then I checked and found that version 10 already includes this!

There are two "Multiple Selection Modes", which you select by clicking on the three tiny circles, and -- in version 10 only -- one of those modes includes a count of the objects selected. The other mode gives info on one of the objects at a time, and can cycle through the objects from top to bottom. Exquisite!

Thank you for calling this to my attention.

[ 02-05-2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: jan15 ]