Previous View active while drawing

Mbuck

Question

Try this in VW 10. Draw a large rectangle or some closed shape that extends beyond the bounds of the currently selected page size, use the lines or walls tool it doesn't matter which. This I assume would be a common occurrence and a common task that I do, and assume architects would have to do on a regular basis, is to extend a 2D polygon over the bounding area of such walls to find gross building area or room areas etc.

In doing this I first select the extent of the closed object with a fit to objects zoom, and then zoom into a corner, to ensure that the smart cursor locks onto the correct vertex. Then I have to zoom out again, whilst continuing to draw with the polygon tool. The next most logical thing to do is to zoom back to where you were so that you can once again see the whole object. The logical way to do this tool, for me anyway, is to use the "previous zoom back arrow" tool, but as you will see if you do this it is not dynamically enabled i.e. it doesn't work whilst one is drawing >:-(. This behaviour is most illogical since all the other zoom tools seem to work in this mode. Can we have a fix? Also it would be great if whilst zoomed out one could dynamically toggle between a series of the nearest vertex points then you wouldn?t need to zoom in to lock smart cursor onto the correct vertex point in the first place.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet