Attribute palette - line type annoyance!!

P Retondo

Question

Unlike the way it was in the past (v. 8?), when I click on the attribute palette to change a line type or weight, the options window that pops up is located so that my cursor aligns with the bottom line-type (a dash type), and activates it. With click-click mouse operation, I am used to just clicking, then being able to select the desired option. Because of this fault, one click changes my line type when I don't want to, and automatically closes the options window when I release the mouse button. Please change the screen location of the options window so that this does not occur.

Also, since I very often want to change both line type and weight, it would be great if I could do both without having the window close. As it is, I have to click on the line attributes and make my selection twice, once to change the type and again to change the weight. I realize this means adding an <Enter> to close the options window . . .

2 answers to this question

Pete,

You might want to look into Creating Custom Tool/Attribute scripts for changing the line and weight.

Basically, you set up the line style and weight, color, etc and then go to The Organize>Custom Tool/Attribute menu. Select the settings you want to activate and click on OK.

You will now have a little script that will set up those pen's for you when you double click on it. You can draw away in that pen style.

It's a pretty cool menu item.

VW 8 operates the same way as VW 9 and 10 for the attribute line select thing. Make sure your attribute palette is towards the bottom of the screen when you want to use it. When it's at the bottom on the screen, the fly out window doesn't have the option to send out and down -- it has to go out and up -- leaving your cursor towards the bottom of the menu.

It also looks/acts/behaves the same between OS 9 and OS 10.2.3.